Analysis of system performance, diagnosis of component or system faults and corrective maintenance of VSAT system and components. Perform installation of new VSAT systems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot VSAT system symptoms and information with computer software and test equipment
Interpret troubleshooting results and determine best course of action to restore VSAT operability
- Analyze results of corrective actions to ensure systems, components and services working satisfactorily.
- Interpret problems or symptoms reported by customer IT representative and diagnose possible causes of service problems with the network, systems or components.
- Interpret data from digital or analogue menus in assessment of parameters, settings and symptoms.
- Install new VSAT equipment and upgrade components or systems on vessels or buildings.
- Test, locate and restore service by interpreting service orders, circuit diagrams and troubleshooting.
- Upgrade software and scripting coding when required.
- Perform routine maintenance on shipboard VSAT systems, components and software if any.
- Maintain tools, test equipment and travel documents in order and ready to travel
- Performs site survey & produce survey report prior to installation
- Installs, tests, and repairs antennas and related equipment following specifications and using hand tools and test instruments. Reviews installation specifications to determine installation site for antenna.
- Visually inspects installation site to identify obstructions that could distort or block signals from satellite.
- Discuss with customers regarding its installation requirement.
- Installs BNC and LNB according to system specification.
- Orients antenna to direction and altitude of communication satellite, using surveying instruments and following charts of satellite position.
- Tests installed system for conformance to specifications, using test equipment, such as multimeters and oscilloscope.
- Performs Civil Works installations if required for the antenna set-up.
- Replaces or repairs defective parts, using hand tools and test equipment.
- Degree/ Diploma or equivalent relevant experience required.
- Working knowledge of Telnet, PC Anywhere, Windows OS required.
- Strong experience of RF systems ideally marine based VSAT systems, their maintenance, installation and repair.
- Wireless network installation and/or maintenance experience required.
- Field experience desired.
- Minimum 3 years of VSAT experience with good references
- GVF Certification or equivalent VSAT Certifications (Certificates to be provided) will be an advantage
- Experience in TCP/IP, VOIP, VTC/IP, PABX, VSAT Technology, Microwave systems & wireless LAN (WLAN) systems
- Tool boxis required
- Spectrum Analyzer will be an advantage
- English language is mandatory
- Good Communication Skill
- Knowledge of VSAT system will be an advantage.
- Coordinate and execute VSAT installation and configuration tasks.
- Deploy and troubleshoot all types of equipment at customers’ site.
- Ensure continuous operation of network elements.
- Monitor links and quality of signal
- Provide quality support for customers and respond to customer enquiries/complaints.
- Open tickets to track and to document resolution of problems for VSAT networks
- Coordinate with NOC tech/engineer during VSAT installation / maintenance / relocation / migration works.