The NOC Network Operations Technician Engineer has the responsibility of monitoring and maintaining the network, servers and any telecommunications equipment in the company datacenter. When the system malfunctions, the NOC technician troubleshoots the network, makes repairs and gets the system back up as quickly as possible. This can require the technician to work at all hours of the day, depending on when the network disruption occurs. There are three main roles in the Network Operation Center (NOC). To ensure maximum possible service availability and performance; to provision customer network services on core equipment and; to provide support services for Engineering and other technical teams.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide 24-hour Network Health surveillance and alarm reporting utilizing network monitoring and surveillance software.
- Review and general clean-up of Ticket queue.
- Ensure timely resolution to trouble tickets.
- Ensure timely follow up with customers via e-mails or phone calls.
- Troubleshooting Network issues.
- Toll Fraud monitoring.
- Carrier route testing.
- Wireshark pcap for both capturing and analyzing customer QoS and RFC events
- Responsible for basic troubleshooting network routers and switches to isolate the trouble and take
- Associate Degree or Technical school is highly recommended with a strong knowledge of computer functionality and basic networking.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Application such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook.
- Cisco certifications and VoIP fundamentals a plus
- Experience in TCP/IP, VOIP, VTC/IP, PABX, VSAT Technology, Microwave systems & wireless LAN (WLAN) systems are an advantage.
- Must be willing and able to work shifts to support a 24x7x365 environment, including weekends and holidays.
- 1-2 years Network Operations experience or equitant.
- English language is mandatory and possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to interact with all levels of employees in a professional manner.
- As an essential function of this position, the employee must be able to handle high levels of stress satisfactorily and be congenial with other employees and customers at all times.
- The NOC is a fast-paced environment, critical thinking is essential. Ideas will be extrapolated from one situation to another.
- Strict adherence to company policies, confidentiality, and mature judgment must be demonstrated at all times.
- Assigned duties should be performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- As this individual often represents the internal and external customers and colleagues – professionalism is a must.
- Must handle responsibilities by multi-tasking, working independently and with minimal direction.
- Must deliver objectives both individually and by interaction with others, therefore must demonstrate an understanding of organizational functions and departments.
- Coordinate and execute VSAT installation and configuration tasks.
- Deploy and troubleshoot all types of equipment at customers’ site.
- Ensure continuous operation of network elements.
- Monitor links and quality of signal
- Provide quality support for customers and respond to customer enquiries/complaints.
- Open tickets to track and to document resolution of problems for VSAT networks
- Coordinate with NOC tech/engineer during VSAT installation / maintenance / relocation / migration works.